100mm lens choices

perry_cas

<p>I have an E series 100mm Nikon lens which I have had for a while on an m43 and now on my xpro. Its OK, tho sharpness and contrast are a bit iffy. I am wondering if i might do better. The SMC PENTAX M 100MM 2.8in looks attractive as does the MEYER OPTIK GÖRLITZ ORESTOR 100MM 2.8. I have read reviews various, but dont feel i am getting any closer to anything like an informed decision. Any one got any experience of comparisons with any of these?</p>

<p>Not with those, but with several others in the same general FL range. My copy of the Nikon 100/2.8 E gives quite sharp images on my m4/3. I've used a Leitz 90/2.8 Elmarit with very good results, a Tamrom 90/2.5, a Nikkor 105/2.8 and a Kiron 105/2.8 (these 3 being macro lenses), all did well but were clumsy due to their weight. I also tried my Canon FD 100/2.0, but didn't notice the same outstanding results I get on film with it. When using any of these lenses on micro 4/3, however, that my results are much better with a tripod than without, in spite of image stabilization in my camera body.</p>

<p>As Stephen indicates, a 100/90mm macro is a nice lens to use on mirrorless. I have the Kiron/Lester Dine 105mm f/2.8 and it is sweeeet on my Sony NEX. The size doesn't bother me. The Pentax SMC 100mm (M42) that I have is pretty good too. The Canon FD 100mm f/2 is SUPER for low light and is pretty good wide open. Unlike Stephen's, mine seems to do very well on NEX.</p><div>00c1dT-542726484.jpg.8400a52ef25afc4a1884cd6b93355348.jpg</div>

<p>thanks guys, I have the fuji 60mm macro which isnt bad but i also have a pentax 50mmf4. The 100mm pentax particularly interested me as I have 135/25 K and would be nice to stick with one adapter. I had thought about the Zuiko also, so your comment is interesting Stefan</p>

<p>The 105/2.5 AI Nikkor and 85/2 AIS Nikkor have been excellent on my dSLR and Nikon V1 with Fotodiox adapter. I don't often need that much magnification on the V1 but it's occasionally useful and chromatic aberration is reasonably low wide open and easily corrected in Lightroom or other software.</p>