Visa to Vietnam

maggie_sim

<p>Sorry.. I am a bit off topic here. Planning a photography trip to Vietnam in December. I heard of the visa queue in the airport. Anyone of you tried visa application online? I googled and found this website, www.---------------.com. Kinda easy as I can just take the photo using webcam. Just want to be sure before I apply...</p>

<p>I would not trust anything on arrival in Vietnam. All rules/laws in Vietnam seem to be dependent on who you are dealing with and you don't know what will happen at the airport there. Apply for your visa through a Vietnamese travel agency or directly with the embassy. The embassy is very clear about the process.</p>

<p>When I went, I booked my flights through a Vietnamese travel agency (prices for flights about half the going rate) and they got the visa stuff done.</p>

<p>I have been to Vietnam and the evisa process is pretty flawless. Mind you, that was using what appeared to be the official site (there is one, http://www.visa-vietnam.vn). I paid my money online with a CC, uploaded a relatively good image and upon arrival at HoChiMinhCity airport, followed the signs, gave them my passport and confirmation printout (it arrived electronically within 3-4 days), waiting 10 mins, got my passport back with the visa and was on my way.</p>

<p>No problems.</p>

<p>I also think that you should get your visa before you leave and as Jeff mentioned earlier it's best to work with a Vietnamese travel agency so they can get it for you from the local Vietnamese embassy or consulate, our visa was valid for 3 mos. Applying for a visa for Vietnam online seems a bit risky to me...</p>

<p>I applied (Sept 2012) for a Visa directly to the Vietnamese embassy in DC (I live in the USA). I needed to provide an Express Mail return envelope with the package I sent to them. Sent it in on a Monday, had it in the mail returned to me and ready for my travels the following Monday. Easy peasy.</p>

• 2 weeks later...