POTW: August 30th, 2013

Sanford

<p>John - Your Bolete has my attention as does its host(?).<br>

Had the day to myself Saturday, so I went to the Wheels of Time. Haven't had a chance to go through all the images, but here's a couple. I also learned a valuable lesson - If you have a star filter and use it for a picture, don't forget to take it off or all your pictures will have stars (Egads!).</p><div>00bxCI-542203784.jpg.ba71ae2c7c07a4674be2d07fdaa4e955.jpg</div>

<p>Rick - thanks; I assume from various of your posts you're a biologist. This bolete (?edulis) and a whole suite of other fungi are symbiotic on the roots of Salix herbacea - a stunning and most improbable community where the fungi are up to 15 cm high and the tree about 2 cm high! The fungi appear just as the Salix leaves begin to senesce.</p>

<p>I have had multiple opportunities to shoot fireworks this summer. Except for the 4th of July. I have developed a "style" of shooting that seems fairly effective. I have also had great fun playing with the fireworks to create new images, mostly line drawings. Last year I created a series of Aisian art drawings fro fireworks, this year line drawings. These will be a couple of my shot and one drawing. In the first shot you will see the fireworks hanging behind a bridge to create a silhouetted moment of the croudw watching the show.</p><div>00bxaC-542258784.jpg.60798f5ef2ee1dc3c2812532a559bec8.jpg</div>