Spot focus on D7000 issue

stepanekb

<p>Hello All,<br>

I have looked around on the net a lot and read the official manual about the spot metering/focus but I cant seem to change the focus point like I used to be able to on the D80.<br>

On my D80 I could press the trigger button half way, and then with my right thumb move the focus point around.<br>

Is this simply not available on the D7000?</p>

<p>Anyway, what I want is to make the dead center the focus point.</p>

<p>Sorry for the noob question.<br>

Cheers<br>

Brian</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It could be both what Arjen and James describe - there is a switch below the selector that can be used to prevent accidentally changing the focus point. Make sure it's unlocked (the upward position is unlocked, if it points to the white dash with L, it is locked).</p>

<p>Second, overall the D7000 AF allows for far more customisation of the auto-focus system. What James describes should help you set the AF mode to single point dynamic or single point; pressing the central OK button should reset the active AF point to the center one.<br />But it's really worth it reading up the manual on the available AF settings - it's a lot, but getting grips with it will help you get the most out of it (certainly as the default settings are not that optimal).</p>