Day at Longmont/Boulder area

john_valjean

<p>Hi all,<br>

Any recommendation on what I can shoot in Longmont/Boulder area, can't make it to Breckenridge, I have to stay in the area. Denver is also an option, thanks for any advice ...</p>

<p>I am googled couple of things and other sites, but I am looking for some hints from photographers not tourists ...</p>

<p>Landscapes? Street? Nudes? CLoseups? Portraits of pets? Need some detail!</p>

<p>Rocky Mountain National Park is only an hour away. But there is equally great mountain scenery west of Boulder, much closer.</p>

<p>If time is really short, head west on Canyon out of Boulder towards Nederland. Or, just as fine, west on Mapleton.</p>

<p>Bear lake area around Rocky Mountain National Park has a bit to offer; there is a short trail to three lakes (emerald, ??, ??); I never found the last one to be that scenic but the first two are nice. Also there is flag staff (short drive out of boulder); naturally these are nature areas; not sure what you are looking to see.</p>

<p>This is a great area and almost any direction will give you opportunities. If you've got a full day then Rocky Mountain Park is a nice choice, you can drive up and back from Boulder in a day and still leave yourself time for some off-road walking. I'm not sure about this time of year, but last year when I went there in September the elk and rams were everywhere.</p>

<p>The Flatirons is also very scenic, and quite accessible for a day trip. Personally I'd stay away from Denver - its another city, and unless you're into street photography it wouldn't be my first choice.</p>

<p>I'm not sure what you mean by "..I have to stay in the area..." RMNP is a day-trip, but an easy one, but I wouldn't consider "in the area" if you might be called to do something in Boulder. St. Vrain state park is closer to Boulder and offers a good variety of wildlife, if that's what you're looking for. If you want scenic beauty, simply drive into the mountains, which are right there at Boulder, almost in the city.</p>

<p>Eldorado Cyn. St Park just SW of Boulder off of 93. West on Baseline to Chautauqua & Flatirons. Continue up Baseline which is Flagstaff Mtn. Mapleton Hill district, Boulder Mall (no spitting, chewing or smoking) and the Boulder Creek Path. </p>

<p>Eldorado Cyn. St Park just SW of Boulder off of 93. West on Baseline to Chautauqua & Flatirons. Continue up Baseline which is Flagstaff Mtn. Mapleton Hill district, Boulder Mall (no spitting, chewing or smoking) and the Boulder Creek Path. </p>