leica m6ttl or m7??

juan_mateos

Everyone address the auto exposure feature and seems to

forget , IMHO, the more important added value...electronic

controlled shutter consistacy. with new high quality film,

transparency in particular, the knowledge that 125th is always

125 and on more than one camera is far more important to me.

My $2500.00.

Happy snaps,

Steven Alexander

I went with a 6 for a number of reasons: (in reverse order of importance)

· Feel of the shutter speed dial (there is a difference feel between the electronic settings and the two manual speeds in the 7)

· Battery independence

· Cost

· And finally the one thing that I found unbelievably annoying was that the LED's for the light meter were lower in the viewfinder on the 7 than the 6. And for me

( a glasses wearer) I couldn't comfortably see both the LED's and the top of the 50mm frame lines.

Try them both before you buy�

Juan, stick with your M6 Classic. Why do u need the TTL for if you don't shoot with a flash? (even if u do, why TTL?). And why do you need the M7? get a cheapo p&s if u need autoeverything With these additonal circuitry crap, you might end up having future headaches! If you don't need the meter, get an M4!

Status,

In practical terms there really isn't any big deal about carrying batteries and even with the M6 I do carry a spare (actually there are probably two in my bag most times). But for me it was just one less thing to have to worry about. Personal preference for mechanical mechanisms over electronics aside, the real concern for me was the view finder issue I mentioned above. I knew in less than a minute that I was always going to have a problem and that was the real deciding factor.