Session/Sitting fee

edvigil

<p>I was asked by a prospective client about if I sold cd's with all the image from the photo shoot. I typically don't but enterained the idea and gave her a per image price. All digital images would be fully edited and high resolution. I then received this comment in a follow-up email "...not many photographers go the route of a sitting fee then releasing all of the images..."<br>

<br />Is charging a sitting, session, creative or whatever you would like to call it unusual?</p>

<p>For Portraiture, I charge a fee to shoot, yes. I do not give or offered for viewing, nor have I ever given, ALL the images from any shoot (Portrait or Wedding or Event) to any "Retail" Client.<br>

What many Studios here, (AUS) do, is offer a Portrait Sitting and in the fee for that sitting is included a Print Allowance.<br>

I am referring to the type of Studio (or Photographer) who would typically, have the <em><strong>main brief</strong></em> to make a larger print (or two or three), usually framed / canvas etc., from the sitting for wall or bookshelf display.<br>

Down here, there are also many Photographers who do a "portrait sitting" and make a charge which includes a CD of the images - and their promotion seems slanted toward the "cost to the client" being for "the 'unlimited number of' images" - and not so much emphasis on the "portrait sitting".<br>

Perhaps, it is to that difference of nuance your Prospect / Client is referring?</p>

<p>WW</p>