Mac mini with a good monitor?

<p>I have a Mac mini with quad core i7, 16 Gb Ram and fusion drive 128Gb SSD+ 1TB HDD. I could not be happier with this setup which I use at home with 27" Thunderbolt display and in the office with Dell U2410 IPS. The convenience of having a small high performance computer which I can easily carry between home an office; outweighs any theoretical disadvantage over the new iMac.<br /> I have used the MAc mini for intensive editing of Image files and for video as well. It has no performance shortcomings that I am aware of. Having 4 USB 3 ports + Firewire (FW) works well with 10 TB of external data storage using 4 FW drives + 2 SATA drives in USB3 cases. I work directly from the 2 SATA External USB3 drives for current images and Have a dedicated Firewire drive for Video.<br /> As for monitors I prefer the clarity and screen size of the Mac display which starts up immediately. I have to wait a while for the Dell to warm up. Due to the nature of the anti glare coating the Dell always looks unsharp by comparison. There may be more color gamut with the Dell compared to the Mac display; but I've never found any practical disadvantage of the Mac compared with the Dell display, which I prefer to use.<br>

I would advise against the 5400 rpm drive; so ideally have a larger capacity SSD (500GB) if you can afford it or the cheaper fusion drive option. The Dell is a good value monitor, so If you are on a tight budget and like the look of the display It s worth getting. </p>

Nice set-up but it seems that Mac doesn't offer a quad core mini anymore. Maybe they wanted to protect the iMac. All dual core now, which I suppose doesn't equate to "bad".

"Nice set-up but it seems that Mac doesn't offer a quad core mini anymore."

— Hardly surprising since this thread was started 4 years ago, and only revived by the thinly disguised advert for a Benq monitor above; the image of which obviously isn’t the poster’s own copyright.

• Like 1

"Nice set-up but it seems that Mac doesn't offer a quad core mini anymore."

— Hardly surprising since this thread was started 4 years ago, and only revived by the thinly disguised advert for a Benq monitor above; the image of which obviously isn’t the poster’s own copyright.

What is surprising though is they seemed to have gone retro on capability, de-fanging the mini it seems.