Likes and Dislikes of Upgrading?

pge

<p>1. D60 to D7000, early 2011.<br>

2. Better controls, more controls, live view (which allow live view manual focusing), way better AF, remote mirror lockup mode, better high-ISO capability, higher frame rate, RAW + high-quality jpeg at same time, dual cards.<br>

3. The D60 is smaller and lighter.</p>

<p>I still take most photos with my Canon S95, though! Pocketability has its advantages.</p>

<p>1. D70s to D300s (two of both).<br>

2. No preset dial on top that I nudged often just at the wrong time, faster AF and frame rate (I now get twice as many keepers), better ISO to 1600, feels better in my hand, better controls, dual cards, video (minor use). I too have no reason what-so-ever to upgrade.<br>

3. Cheaper (they were refurbs, but I got a great price on the D300s bodies, also referbs).</p>

<p>I upgraded to a D7000 from 4/3 because I didn't feel Olympus was supporting the format adequately. It was a tough decision because I had some pretty good Olympus glass on my E500. That was 2 years ago. About 6 months ago, I upgraded my primary lens from the kit 18-105 to a Tamron 17-50 f 2.8. The faster lens, with the deeper DOF, has helped me leap forward a bit in my pursuit of the hobby. I suspect the same thing might happen if I invest in a fast zoom, so a 70-200 2.8 will probably be my next upgrade.</p>

<p>I liked the size of the E500, and I think it fit my hand a bit better. The D7000 also came with a hard learning curve and I still don't feel like I've mastered it.</p>

<p>The other big upgrade wasn't hardware, but software. I moved up to RAW shooting a few years before swapping systems, and when I bought the Nikon I also moved into the world of Lightroom and to a lesser degree Photoshop. I spend more time now playing with the images than taking them... but I find it fulfilling.</p>

<p>1. D2x -> D300 four years ago. Better frame rate and iso. <br>

Own three and will use them until they die. Have no desire or need to upgrade as I'm totally satisfied with there performance. I use MB-D10's, Nikon and 3rd party on these as well. </p>

<p> </p>