re: Taking a trip to the Melville repair center

jose_rivera9

<p>My SB900 flashtube blew out. I can hear the small piece of glass rattle around (I cringe every time). I am going to personally deliver my flash to the repair center at Melville, LI and I am hoping to get it back the same day (if possible).<br>

Has anyone done something similar and received same day service? I don't want to wait with a very long weekend coming up and a job on Tuesday (July 9)</p>

<p>I'm choosing to bask in awe at the speed of the US service centres. At least, I'm hoping for your sake I am. I've generally given Nikon UK a week to do a sensor clean, and they claim they'll do most things in about three - though they've rushed a few things for me. That said, you'd hope that a flash tube replacement shouldn't be rocket science (in fact, it helps to be well grounded...) Good luck!</p>

<p>Would you consider picking up a backup flash in the meantime? On the bright side, you can always use the flash in the future as a second light, as Nikon's CLS (wireless system) is awesome. Maybe you can squeak by with an SB-700, or your local shop might have a used SB-600 or SB-800.</p>