POTW 6/2/2013

stemked

<p>Great photos you guys!<br /> I took my son on a little adventure over the weekend. We drove three hours to Independence Pass to meet some friends, camp, hike, and ski one more time. It was a lot of fun but my son is pretty wiped out today. Lucky for us all it's the first day of his summer break!<br /> Weller Lake reflection<br /> K-5 & DA 18-135 <br /> <a title="IMGP2974-Edit by MattB.net, on Flickr" href=" IMGP2974-Edit src="http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3732/8932371829_2c8221c76f_z.jpg" alt="IMGP2974-Edit" width="424" height="640" /></a><br /> .<br /> Campfire music<br /> K-5 & DA 15<br /> <a title="IMGP3121 by MattB.net, on Flickr" href=" IMGP3121 src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8551/8932987532_bddf32b111_z.jpg" alt="IMGP3121" width="424" height="640" /></a><br /> .<br /> K-5 & DA 40<br /> <a title="IMGP3180 by MattB.net, on Flickr" href=" IMGP3180 src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8136/8932992048_8e3c9245a9_z.jpg" alt="IMGP3180" width="424" height="640" /></a></p>

<p>Bob, When my mother died, the house that I grew up in had to be sold. I took may pictures. It does help with the loss. We had access to the house for 6 months. I know how hard it is to say goodbye.</p>

<p>Douglas - very nice bird shots but I really like the snake! Great shot!<br />Kathy - great detail on that macro. Good work. <br />Dave - nice shot of the waterfall. That's an impressive one!<br />Robert - the DOF on the star flower is great! I wish it was maybe just a little brighter. <br />Jean - a loveley shot of a field of unfortunately named flowers! Looks nice in either mono or color!<br /><br /></p>

<p>Matt, thanks for the complement, but the snake was the real star being so well-behaved.<br>

Dave and Bob-you two really love your fishing. I would love to try some of your spots. That waterfall is just fantastic.<br>

Robert-Nice trio. I have a bear photo like that too back in my film days (not too many bears here in Indiana). I always love a good Pink Lady's slipper, but I have to head north to Michigan or Minnesota or south to Kentucky to find them. Like your take on the Star flower too.<br>

Very nice landscapes Henk<br>

Howard, how are you controlling your verticals? Do you correct them in Photoshop?<br>

Jem-I recall it was always challanging to catch nicely blue flowers in film. Seems not to be an issue for you. Nice soft light.<br>

Matt-Great abstract on that reflection.</p>

<p>Doug - I'm not sure whether you mean that my verticals ARE vertical or are not vertical and need to be fixed.<br>

The ESB looks pretty vertical to me, as for the haze, one of our mayors said "A true NY'er doesn't like to breathe air he can't see (pre-EPA). The second shot was at 18mm so there's definite warping. The 3rd seems pretty plumb. So, to tweak or not to tweak?</p>

<p>Faves this week:<br>

Doug - #1 & 3 - love the snake.<br>

KathyB - beautifully lit<br>

Dave - #1! That's a spot where you don't wade!<br>

Yury - Portrait<br>

Robert - #3<br>

Henk - #1 & 2 - Beautiful clouds<br>

Jean - #2<br>

Matt - #1 looks like quicksilver on the water</p>