Epson 3800 inks/storage

<p>I have an Epson 3800 printer - I will be travelling for close to 3 months and not using the printer during this time. What is the best way to leave the printer in? Should i remove all the ink cartridges from it and switch it entirely off? Or keep the ink in it .. switching it totally off? etc....</p>

<p>Please advise . Much thanks</p>

<p>I have a 3880. Until recently I used it only for fine-art printing, which meant it was idle for periods of a number of weeks. I never had any problem with restarting it - it did not seem to need extra cleaning cycles. I would therefore just leave your printer - unplug it from the power supply, wrapping it in a plastic sheet would not do any harm. I have found that part-used cartridges removed from the machine work OK when re-installed, but I would not take the cartridges out as a conservation measure - I would think that would increase the risk that the heads would dry out.</p>

<p>Based only on owning a 3800 for about 4 years in a nominal temperature/humidity climate(Southern California, two miles form the ocean), I like the idea of leaving the ink in, and covering it.<br>

If I expected low or very low humidity while gone, I'd think about sealing it in plastic along with a small humidity generating thing, such as a damp sponge in a dish.</p>

<p>My 3800 regularly goes a couple of months between printing sessions with no trouble so 3 months should be OK. Just be sure to power off the printer using the button on the printer itself, never just kill the power by pulling the power cord or switching off at the electric socket. Also a good idea to cover it to keep dust out.</p>