The question about the Ebay seller reminded me. I've seen a couple

of Fax Ortho Nikkor lens lately for sale. How usefull are these things

and what for?

The things seem HEAVY. Standard magnification is 1/10th from the info

I could find. So I'm guessing they might not be that great at

infinity. Are these things just for collectors or do they have a use

on a camera?

Agreed Scott.

The last Dagor77 thread did a fine job of building this guys reputation and therefor profit margin. Let's not forget what a buying frenzie on Ebay can do as far as "fair market value" is concerned. Someone mentioned buying a 2500mm Wide Field Ektar from him. Well I watched one of these lenses go for over $800.00 thanks to a fine description combined with the heat of an auction. Those kinds of things are great for sellers, but create a false sense of value in certain items.

As far as the lens is concerned, you can bet it weighs a ton! A 6" mounting hole is required! I have a Apo-Ronar 600mm with a mounting hole of aboout 3.5 inches, and the thing weighs 2700g! That's over 5 lbs!

Sure the things looks juicy, and it would be an excellent lens, as long as you have a camera with large enough lens board surface area to mount the thing, and it never leaves the studio.

Well let us not drive the price up of anything ..... excepting photographic prints that is.

I like to look at this stuff but me, I'm an 'anti-collector'. That's someone who beats the living daylights out of his equipment and loses everything he owns on a regular rotation. I don't have ANY old stuff and probably never will. I've now started on my campaign to win Schneiders 'Valued Customer' award. Shouldn't take too long.