Hasselblad 500ELM

<p>I thinned my motor-driven Hassy's out and only have an ELM left. I still have two good ni-cads left and also the 9V conversion like shown. Very nice camera, but I use my old 500C more often since it's a little less bulky and I don't need the speed of the motor drive. Did I say SPEED! That's really kind of a joke with these since I can wind my 500C just as fast or maybe even faster.<br>

Steve, I too had a Bronica S2A as my first real wedding camera and thought I was in Heaven with the interchangeable backs. Of course every time I hit the shutter release in a church wedding I could feel a hundred eyes piercing my back. I then switched to a Koni-Omega and it was something different. I kept wondering whether or not the damn shutter tripped. The Koni was a very, very good wedding camera for me, but the Hasselblad finely made it into my camera bag and for me was the best of all worlds. I didn't like spending the money at the time for lenses and backs, but it was well worth it. I still have the camera, all three lenses and all the backs, which still work like they did the day I got them. I guess the guy I bought them from was right when he said, "A Hasselblad is an investment". JohnW</p>

<p>Yes John, I had similar experiences with weddings, ended up using a Rollei 3.5F in the church! Funny, but the ELM seems to go for chips these days (at least by Hasselblad standards) and much less costly than a 500CM, people are off put by the battery dependence I guess...or the noise...kind of like a Polaroid SX70 on steroids!<br>

I must admit, that standing in that quiet paddock the ELM sounds like a gunshot.</p>

<p>Tony,<br>

Don't let the cat out of the bag! Let's keep it a secret about the EL, ELM and even the great ELX going for peanuts. About 2 1/2 years ago I bought a rather nice EL on the big auction for $51.00 plus a small shipping fee. Later I bought another ELM body for $85.00 that had the waist level finder and one good battery. They've come up in price a tad bit since then, but they are still darn cheap for what you get. JohnW</p>

<p>Again.. excellent choices and great great photography. I like that you used all the lenses too! I never had the money back in the day and now I think more MF equipment... as tempting as those Zeiss lenses are... is out of the question. I have a few Graflex and the Koni plus a few TLRs. So the Hassy will be in my next lifetime! Anyway.. you have got great results that Pan 50 was metered and developed perfectly. I may have to invest in Rodinal and ty again with this film! Nice to see a beautiful stone house. It would be nice if someone ..ummm restored it. The stone part is still in great shape. Stone is like that when you build with it.</p>

<p>Damn, I should have never read this post! After reading it I was suffering that big auction site and stumbled on a black ELM with a 90 degree finder and a older 12 back for a buy-it-now of $149.00. That's a lot of camera for a small sum of money. The back shows some hard use, the finder has some small paint chips, but the body looks very nice and it comes with two none-swollen Varta batteries. No charger, but I have two extras anyway. I really didn't need it, but just thought it would look nice sitting next to my chrome elm. I think they will become good friends. JohnW</p>