Rolleicord - the new addition

<p>I have recently added another camera to my photographic family. It's a Rolleicord IV. I found it on the great auction site for $90 dollars with sticky shutter, but in overall good condition. I got the shutter fixed at Krimar photo. The owner seems to be a nice guy and got the camera back to me within a week. I loaded up with some Acros and took it out to shoot some images along the side of my new Yashica 124G. I first had to get used to the odd shutter release. I kept looking for the lever in the same spot it is located on my Yashica 635 and I missed few shots.<br>

It was raining here in Chicago, both my camera and I got pretty wet but still managed to capture some life in the Chi-town.<br>

First I met this couple hanging around by the "Bean" I asked them for a shot and they kindly agreed.</p><div>00bTLy-526841584.jpg.e27d648a5972e4d7b89c111a521b32b3.jpg</div>

<p>I hope that you have enjoyed this short trip to Chicago as much as I enjoyed using the Rollei even with it's quirky shutter release lever. I used Ilfosol 3 to develop the rolls I shot. I usually use Rodinal, but freestyle is out of stock so I have to wait. Now, here is a shot of the camera.</p><div>00bTM7-526845684.jpg.17b5faa399e2ae990c2863c8a2050d9b.jpg</div>

Kris, great series and nice Rolleicord. It appears Krikor got

the shutter working well. I have bought two Rolleiflexes

from him and have gotten a CLA on a third one from him. I

visit his shop every few months to check out what's on his

shelf. I can attest he is a true gentleman. Good luck with

the Cord.

<p>I have the same shutter release on my 'cord. It just takes some getting used to. I also have to remember to advance the !#*%^ film. Two of the shots on my first roll were double exposures, but that's me, not the camera. Never been a fan of Acros, but those photos look very nice, especially the portrait of the couple. On a sunny day it will probably have more contrast, but I think those came out very well.</p>