Boston Area

dinesh.godavarty

<p>Hey guys, I need to be in Boston in the last week of May. I am toying with the ideas of camping close to boston and doing some photography. Do you recommend any scenic places? I will probably spend 3-4 days doing this, and then need to be back in Boston for a wedding.</p>

<p>So all suggestions welcome!</p>

<p>Hello! I live just outside of Boston and can suggest some of my favorite, scenic areas. <br />--favorite beach: Manchester by the Sea (though it is a drive North - or a bit of a train ride). If you want a closer view of the water, head to Winthrop, Revere (though Revere isn't so scenic), or here are some other options: http://www.boston.com/travel/explorene/specials/summer/gallery/beaches_on_the_t/ <br />--Copley Square / Trinity Church<br />--The Boston Commons - there will be a lot of tulips/flowers in bloom plus a pond, bridges, statues, etc.<br />--The South End is very "Boston" with cobblestone streets and the architecture. Also, Beacon Hill. <br />--Mount Auburn Cemetery is absolutely beautiful and there is a tower that you can walk up for a lovely view of different parts of the city<br />--Memorial Drive in Cambridge - good view of the Boston skyline<br />--The Esplanade along the Charles River<br /><br />There are so many places...I'm sure others will have good suggestions as well. <br /><br /></p>

<p>What Cara said. And as for camping, to be honest I don't like eastern Mass. as an area for that. You don't really get enough distance between yourself and "civilization". Will you have a car? If you can drive to New Hampshire you'll have much better opportunities for terrain and general outdoorsiness. Have a look at Franconia Notch State Park. It's about 2 hours from Boston and there are a ton of trails of varying difficulty and a lot of campgrounds.</p>

<p>Also, the Red Sox will be playing home games May 23-28, and I always like shooting at those. (And now you can actually get tickets, unlike the last few years.)</p>

<p>Thanks so much guys!</p>

<p>Cara, do you have an recos for taking pics of the Boston Skyline at sunrise and sunset? both facing into and away from the sun? I have always been interesting in such pics, but never got the chance to do it. Let me know your fav locations!</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>