Increasing the magnification of Nikon F4 DA-20 sports finder

jay_drew

<p> Hi All </p>

<p >I'm having problems manually focusing my Nikon F4. I have a DK-17m & it helps, but I'm looking for even better manual focusing. After using a Nikon DW-4 6x Magnification Finder w/ a Nikon F3 I know how much focusing acuity can be improved. It's just that the DW-21 & DW-4 are very difficult to use unless the camera is horizontal & aimed somewhat parallel to, or @ 90deg to the deck.</p>

<p >I have a F4 DA-20 sports finder, which would be ideal if I could find a way to improve the magnification. I've tried various loupes I have around the house (mostly in the 7 to 10X range) w/ it & none are coming anything close to forming a recognizable, let alone a sharp image w/ the sports finder. I've even tried 28mm & 50mm lenses both straight & reversed. I'm convinced that there have to be some correct lenses that will increase the magnification, hopefully some sort of loupe that can be attached to the camera or to me. I almost ordered these from Amazon, & although cheap, (see below) I thought I might ask for some optical expertise before throwing any more $ @ this problem. </p>

<p >I've already thrown quite a bit @ it</p>

<p >Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Jay Drew</p>

<p ><a href="mailto:jdrew001@gmail.com">jdrew001@gmail.com</a></p>

<p >http://www.amazon.com/3PC-EYE-LOUPE-3X-10X/dp/B000XGGF0U/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1363239682&sr=8-9&keywords=jewelers+eye+loupe</p>