Fuji HD-M

sunray1

<p>Hi there,<br>

Just bought this Fuji HD-M, almost new in box. Just curious if anybody has experience with this camera. What can I expect from the lens? Lightmeter?<br>

Remarkably little info to find on the web, so please share your thoughts.<br>

Thanx!<br>

Ray</p><div>00bOt7-522601684.jpg.68fe8781302c6669b655296ed33b10e4.jpg</div>

<p>Ray, this camera looks awesome, looks eerily similar to Nikon Action Touch which is water/splash proof. Your camera was made in the mid 80s and supposedly it is water proof up to 6 feet of water, if I were you I wouldn't risk it though. Rubber gaskets tend to deteriorate with age and this camera is approaching its 30th birthday.</p>

<p>Lens should be decent and produce very contrasty pictures. One of my Fuji P/S from the same time period produced very sharp pictures, especially in good light.</p>

<p>Hi Ralf,<br />Thanx for your response. It still kinda surprises me how little info there is to find...<br>

Last weekend I took the camera out to see how it would do. Unfortunately a very cold and gray day with flat light...but I will post some images to give some idea.<br />First impressions: very decent image quality! Lightmeter in flat light is ok.<br>

Only thing to get used to is the manual focussing without any feedback in the viewfinder: it's pure guesstimating (or zone-focussing if you like) and that's not something I'm used to, so I had some misses in that regard...<br />Otherwise: a nicely build, nice looking, fun to use filmcamera! :-)<br>

cheerz,<br />Ray</p>