Color Space - Start to Finish

<blockquote>

<p>How do you get the gray box around the quoted text?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Enter the text to quote, then click on the little box next to the 123 (''). </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p><em>If you start looking at the very predicate shapes of RGB working spaces, and the very unpredictable and differing shapes of RGB and CMYK output color spaces, you'll see there are always going to be colors within and out of gamut of any two such devices in most cases. Nature of the beast but not something that should be problematic if all your ducks are in order.</em></p>

<p>Once the gamuts of the devices get big enough it will be a simple matter to reduce the gamut you're working in to keep it within the gamuts of the camera, monitor and printer and still get wonderful results. Some may argue we are already there.</p>

• 1 month later...
I didn't read the whole thread, because I've been there and done that with ettr before. If anyone is wanting to get as accurate histogram as possible, you can use a custom unitary white balance. That will render a green image on your screen, but will be as accurate as you can get for each channel clipping the sensor. I believe that in Nikon you can actually do this via a menu selection. In Canon and others, you have to either make one yourself, or download one from that has been made by someone with the same camera as you. Look up "unitary white balance" on Luminous Landscape. Guillermo Ljuik (sp?) is the guy who came up with this. I contributed the 5D balance for his site years ago. I don't really use it any more, as I don't bother exposing as far to the right as is possible. I usually just accept a little bit of overexposure in the jpeg blinkies, and pull it back in post. It's become a bit of a feeling thing for me now. I guess if I wanted to get the absolute most out of my sensor, I ,might go back to using the unitary white balance. Although, at the time, I found that the Adobe raw converting engines didn't quite handle highlight just short of sensor clipping as well as something like DCRaw. But DC raw is a pain to use. I prefer to use Lightroom and do most editing there. Jeez, I'm rambling on. Over.