EOS 30 w/ R1(red) filter and B&W film...exposure compansation?

fx

Hi guys,

I'm heading out to shoot a few rolls of B&W(C-41) with the R1 filter

with the EOS 30 and wondering if I should ++ exposure to

compansate?

The R1 will be on the EF 20-35 f/3.5-4.5 lens. I'll be out around

noon and it looks like it'll be a clear day tomorrow. Subjects will

be temples and gardens.

I'm guessing I won't have to over-compansate and let the camera's

light meter do all the work. Any advice would be wonderful.

Where the heck are you finding clear skies this time of year? Oh yeah, not everyone lives in Oregon where it rains 9 months out of the year! I can't wait for spring. I have been toying with TMAX 400 and pushing it to 800 and 1600 to try and atlest take advantage of the drabness, by maybe getting some melodramtic scenes. No othet choice right now, as color isn't really adding too much to the scenes. When your done post some images it would be great to see how they turn out!BTW have you toyed around with toning in the darkroom?

Yes and No.<br>

Yes, because the E-TTL meter is 'trainned' to meter for the whole light spectrum and will actually read less (hence overexposing) when constrained to a range of wavelengths. The more you go towards the IR side, the more you have to counter-compensate.<br>

No, because the exposure latitude of the film will allow for this overexposure, actually, the resulting increase in contrast is part of the look I assume you're after.<br>

regards, <br>

Gerard<br><br>

PS: For example, with EIR and a SFX filter (89B Equiv) I set the ISO value to 6400, resulting in a -4,1/3 exposure compensation from my base EI of 320 for this film. I use a EOS30 and a EOS50E.