Best system for getting LF gear AND your neccessities into the backcountry

robert_kennedy

Robert - the Pint size change is one of many anti-EU propaganda much beloved of the UK tabloid press - others include such gems as Brussels allegedly regulating that UK cucumbers are not straight enough... You are right about buying produce tho - it is now ILLEGAL to sell a pound of English potatoes in England - must be sold in kilograms - who needs to make 'em up with absurdities like that for real???

Apologies for hijacking the thread with irrelevant nonsense...

Bob - Serves me right for listening to people in pubs! :)

Jason - I think I am going with my dog. Although ideally I could do a lot with a camel here. Which makes we wonder. There is a woman down the street who has one (no kidding). Wonder if she would be willing to rent the smelly bugger out...

Still, for the short term, I think using my dog to carry some of the water is the best idea.

Anyone have any hints on that Benbo Mk2? I still can't see any easy way to carry it. The legs spread a lot even when it is in the "flat" position. There has to be an effective way to deal with this beast.

I personally use the following system : A Lowepro Super Trekker to carry my Linhof MT45, 6 lenses, 10 4x5" holders, 2 6x9 backs, 2 Pola backs (545 and 550) and all accessories I need, plus a Bogen tripod. <br> The 25kgs whole package is fixed with velcros on a 3 wheels baby-stroller. The stroller is equipped with shock-absorbers and a speed bumper. The wheels are all-ground type. <br>You can find the model I use, called "Everest" on the french site http://www.bebeconfort.com/<br>

Hope this helps.