Anyone using a D300s MB-D10 clone?

mark_stephan2

<p>I used to have a D700 (takes the same grips) with a Zeikos grip. It wasn't as solidly made as the Nikon one but it worked fine and I didn't think the difference in build quality was a big problem. Especially considering the price difference. The one you ordered is probably fine, just check and make sure the controls all work.</p>

<p>I use Zeikos (ZE-NBG300) on my D300s for the past 2 years and I like it a lot.<br />Same as you, I use it for the vertical shutter release, not for FPS and I treat the extra battery space as a "side benefit". Not a real necessity, but it's nice to have.<br>

I didn't have any issues with it and I don't see any signs of wear on it. I admit I don't carry it all the time especially due to the extra space in my bag, but I do use a lot and when I do - I'm putting it through relatively hard life.<br />For the ~50$ it costs I have nothing to complain about, exactly what I wanted and expected.</p>

<p>Something I have never seen discussed... has anyone tried using one of the clone vertical grips with a Really Right Stuff or Kirk L-bracket designed for the genuine MB-D10? Does the tripod mount line up? Can you change the grip battery pack without having to remove the L-bracket? Is the L-bracket contoured to fit the contours of the grip?</p>