VALE: Nadine Ohara

William Michael

<p>So sorry to hear the news about Nadine. I've been an infrequent visitor on this thread since retiring but I do still check in occasionally.<br>

I remember when Nadine became moderator of this thread. When I was starting my second career shooting weddings she was a great help. She always had a way of explaining things with a simple clarity, which moved me up the learning curve very quickly.<br>

She will be missed. RIP</p>

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Nadine was very generous with her time and advice. I don't think there's a single wedding thread she wasn't involved in. I always admired her patience with new photographers, especially those whose questions were attacked by others. Her kindness was an inspiration.</p>

<p>Perhaps someone would be willing to go through her posts and make up a "Best of Nadine Ohara" article? It would be a nice tribute to all her efforts here at photo.net </p>

<p>May she rest in peace.</p>

<p>I haven't posted before but have read this forum often and especially appreciated Nadine's kindness and knowledge. For someone who is learning the craft of photography and wedding photography this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I will miss her posts and my sympathy goes to her loved ones.</p>

<p>As a frequent reader and commenter on PNet since about 2005, I always enjoyed Nadine's gentle manor, imparting her wisdom, but never in a "know-it-all" way. She obviously has been around from film days into the digital era, and thus made her observations and instruction all the more valuable and instructive to newer photographers.<br>

As someone mentioned earlier, she was/is a very special person to all of us in this corner of the internet and in the photography fraternity if you will. Thank you Nadine and may you rest in peace, your contributions made a difference to many and I am sure your customers and family loved you as well.<br>

Mark from New England</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I recently came across Nadine's name and wondered how she was doing. We worked together back in the mid to late 70's -- she was an amazing young woman and I learned a lot from her. She was just starting out in the business world -- working with her was a joy -- her creativity and talent were amazing. Some of my greatest treasures are photos Nadine took of me and my late husband. I love that she became a well-known wedding photographer.<br>

I am deeply saddened by her passing...</p>

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

<p>I realize this is almost a year after the last post in this thread. I haven't done wedding photography in a while and just stopped frequenting this forum. <br>

There is nothing I can say that others haven't, yet I could not just ignore the fact that I had to acknowledge Nadine. I wrote her directly many times and learned a lot from her, as others have as well.<br>

Tears came to me when I realized why I was having trouble finding her posts in the forum. <br>

I will miss Nadine immensely. </p>