POTW 02/10/2013

henkc

<p>Bob M, I'm glad that you survived. That's a very scary tale, especially since it stemmed from a broken ankle. Thanks for sharing as it is something I'll file in my brain somewhere.</p>

<p>Matt B, that's the nicest sunset shot I've seen in a few months. Very meditative. Bet it would look excellently printed large on a textured material, maybe a canvas?</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>Last week, just as the storm was beginning, I took some shots of trees, then came home and was sitting in my car when I saw some tree roots across the street. Since the light was fading, I braced myself in the window and tried not to shake the camera. Only a couple were sharp. A few days later, I received my Vivitar 1.4 TC from Adorama and tried it out with my 90mm macro on a cherry tomato. DOF is definitely an issue! Images are definitely up close and personal. Finally, yesterday, I went to take some pictures of the snow (I am probably the only NYC photographer that was not in a NYC park this weekend) at the Untermyer estate in Yonkers. It was closed, but I got a few pictures.<br>

Bob! Wow, glad your still with us! Take it easy guy.</p>

<p>OK, #1 Roots</p><div>00bLAO-519325684.jpg.d6ddf6295a5e6c9b0079ebf536f41d57.jpg</div>

<p>I just got in this morning at 3 AM from vacation. For some reason this year all I did was run while visiting the folks in Florida. So I had very little computer time.<br>

Sorry to here about your your troubles Bob I ma glad you survived and on the road to recovery.<br>

There are some great shots here as usual</p>

<p>Henk - I like the starkness of those monos. Especially the first. It really conveys how barren it is out there.<br />Anirban - Really interesting shot. Love the intensity of his eyes.<br />George - cool dogsled photos! Looked like a fun event. <br />Bob - once again I'm glad you are (relatively) ok. That shot of the turkey so close is pretty neat!<br />Hin - Your first: very cool shot. I really like the contrast and the figure. The phone is also pretty neat.<br />Howard - the footsteps in the snow shot is nice. Good color and nice composition. <br /><br />ME - thanks for the compliment! I most likely will print a canvas of this for the gallery here. Shots like this often appeal to our tourists. <br /><br /></p>

<p>Faves this week:<br>

Markus - #2 Great color combinations<br>

Anirban - Quite a portrait<br>

George -#2 Happy dogs<br>

John - Nice progression of birds<br>

Matt - #s 1 & 2 - Great sky pictures with interesting foregrounds.<br>

Nick - You know if you're that close there's going to be a swat or a pounce.</p>

<p>Bob - Again, glad you're well.</p>