Is this a convertible lens

kiteipix

<p>I have an older Schneider-Kreuznach #11787011 Symmar. In white it reads 1:5.6/210 and in green1:12/370. is this a convertible lens. both elements at 210 and front element at 370? Also does anyone know if this lens is coated - I can't tell. Finally the lens displays "Schneideritis - an irregular silvering around the lens barrel behind the glass. This has not seemed to affect the picture taking quality but I'm curious as to whether it might cause other problems.<br>

Thanks, Mike</p>

<p>I also had a a couple of convertble Symmars. They were all single coated. I occasionally tried using them in their converted form with front element removed and they worked reasonably well. I would have been pushed to tell the difference between the converted lens and the whole thing. The slow speed of the converted lens made it tricky to focus and I didn't like having the shutter exposed.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>be aware that the "nodal points" / where the lens focuses is beyond the FL of the lens ..<br /> for example when at the 370 configuration it takes more than 370mm to focus the lens at infinity ...<br>

this is probably true for the 475 configuration too ...<br>

it takes a lot of bellows draw ...</p>

<p>have fun</p>