Detaching Rolleifix from the Rolleifex Pistol Grip

roy_ramavarapu1

<p>For those who are interested in knowing more about the subject, I came across a clear and superbly illustrated (with photos in different stages of detaching) at (Author is Hans Kerensky)<br>

RolleiFix from RolleiGrip (05)

accessed on 05 Aprll 2013. PN: You have to scroll on the photos (double click on list of photos) from right to left to get the sequence from start to finish.<br>

There are postings on the photo.net forum that discuss the thread size requirements to adapt/fix the detached Rolleifix to a regular tripod; an adapter is required that will enable the 3/8" on Rolleifix to the 1/4" on the tripod; please read more on the photo.net forums.<br>

Best regards to all.</p>

<p>The two times I've tried this, the screw holding the Rolleifix to the grip was torqued so tightly that I ended up destroying the screw in the process of trying to remove it. The screw is aluminum (not steel), and the slot quickly wears if you use a flat head screwdriver to try to undo. I had to use a vice-grip pliers to grab the screw head to undo it. That left the screw head in very ugly condition. I have no use for the grip anyway, so I usually just throw the grip part away.</p>

<p>Save the flat flash attachment bracket. I use it between the Rolleifix and my Arca-Swiss style quick release plate. It works great to hold a small flash (like one of the Nikons) to the side for fill flash.</p>

<p>The funny thing is that mint Rolleifix are often found on the grip (nobody uses these things, it seems), and the grip costs less than a Rolleifix being sold on its own. So, this actually makes economic sense.</p>

<p>Q.G., Alas the Rolleigrip was in that 5 Euro box because it had 1 essential thing missing, the wire release !!<br>

Without that you can do nothing with it except using it as a cheap Rolleifix source.<br>

However, full working Rolleigrips turn up at a regular basis on photographica markets and the internet. That one which you see at my Flickr Photostream did cost me € 25,--. It even still was in its original box :-) Bought that one on the anual Doesburg Open Air Photographica Fair.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't see why it would be hard to replace. I just looked at mine and it is a normal cable release with the thumb button. It is about 12 inches long and the normal size cable. The only thing you need special is to make sure the diameter of the thumb button or the finger flange part ( I don't know what it is called) is not wider than a little more than a quarter inch. I could take my Pistol grip cable release out and use it as a normal cable release.</p>