How to store camera With carry speed c4 in bag

eskil_hess

<p>What kind of bag do you have? Most rucksacks turn the camera through ninety degrees anyway when you put them on, which in most cases means they're either standing on the back or on the lens (possibly supported by the grip). Toploader bags tend only to hold the camera by the grip. If you put a backpack on the floor to open it, the camera usually sits on its base (depending on how you load your bag), but in transit, it's upright. I can't imagine that the ball head would be hurt by supporting some of the camera's weight, at least if it's intended to take the same weight in tension (if I correctly understand that we're talking about a camera strap attachment rather than a conventional ball head).<br />

<br />

Have you considered putting your camera in upside down (sitting on the prism)?<br />

<br />

Or I may be missing the point of the problem. :-)</p>

<p>Just to clarify, Eskil - we're talking about <a href="http://www.carryspeed.com/products/c-4-mounting-plate-with-ball-head-locknut">this</a>? I have to say that any design which relies on padding rather than a solid rim to avoid unscrewing would make me nervous that it would eventually drop the camera, especially since the design appears to introduce a twisting moment as part of its default configuration. I hope something stops the ball itself from unscrewing, too. At least it looks like you could arrange for one of the tripod holes to line up with the normal tripod socket if you wanted to.<br />

<br />

Does the ball actually stick out far enough to be a problem? It vaguely looks as though the ball can screw in from either side - if you have clearance on the front of your camera (you may have to take the strap off to change lenses), I wonder if it's possible to screw the ball in from the camera side, giving you a flat bottom plate. Just a thought.</p>