kinda like a leica.... hexar af

memphis1

<p>thanks --- i do love having access to x-ray equipment -</p>

<p>now i get to play with the hexar over the weekend as well as finish the roll of film in my r5 -- maybe the r5 is next for the x-ray treatment.......</p>

<p>i've done a few shots of my d-lux 4 and my digilux 2 </p>

<p>will post those sometime</p><div>00bNBA-521007684.thumb.jpg.33109e082c50303a4027bf910425ee42.jpg</div>

<p>Love mine. Great OOF, great lens. Looks like once one got over the top speed limitation,<br>

one has to fall in love with it. <br>

It uses flashmatic at all shutter speeds and is able to focus and correct flash exposure at<strong> total darkness, instantly!</strong><br>

For hidden commands, see:<br>

http://www.cameraquest.com/konhex.htm</p>

<div>00bNFw-521093584.jpg.04b703d972706e3794325175733def41.jpg</div>

<p>Konica engineers were so proud of it that they gave it a footprint in the negative: A little triangle sticking out on the left side of the frame.<br>

If you ever doubt you shot that great pic with a Summicron 35...<br>

<br />Good luck with yours, Blake!</p>

<p>PD Sometimes there are problems with the shutter button wearing out. It's a simple repair, if you can localize a spare part.</p>

<p>Thanks Blake, for two very original shots (especially the second). Knut, your first photo of the happy mature lady and the young woman in the background has more than it seems. One can imagine the life of the main subject in the photo, with the younger person, the blurry background (memory) and the interesting other out of focus background elements, each adding to the feeling of now and then. Neat.</p>

<p>Arthur - thanks -- that's actually my skull and me holding the d-lux 4 -- i've got a few of my old ricoh grd ii and my leica digilux 2 as well --</p>

<p>Christopher, I had a iiif for a while, agreed a iiif would look great under x-ray - may have to borrow one and try that</p>

The 1/250th top shutter speed soon becomes irrelevant when you learn how the ingenious software works. You set in P

mode the aperture to f2 with 400 ISO film in bright sun and as you touch the shutter button 16 appears on the LCD. That

is a coded message that your choice of f2 is not very sensible what with you putting ISO 400 film in it and you will just

have to settle for f16. If you program minimum shutter speed of 1/60 in low light and have f16 set, the camera puts 4.0 on

the LCD. That is short for, look pal, you chose a minimum 1/60s and it's a bit dark in here so you're getting f4. If you want

to get the shot at a particular aperture and damn the shutter speed consequences in low light you switch to A mode. The

camera is just so clever. And beautifully made. There are good pictures of the shutter button fix DIY on

rangefinderforum.com.

<p>I've never been a gear hound, so I've not bought and sold a lot of photo gear.<br>

But of the 8 or 10 odd cameras I've gotten rid of over they years, the one I really regret not keeping was my Hexar AF.<br>

I used it for a lot of stealth shooting in the 90's...I was working on an extended series on the burgeoning coffeehouse culture and the Hexar was even 'stealthier' than my Leicas. With it on the silent mode (not all versions had this) I could literally photograph people at the next table who didn't realized I was photographing...they thought I was just looking through the camera.<br>

That's why I enjoy my Fuji x100 so much...it's the digital equivalent of the Hexar (not the Leica).</p>

<p>absolutely selling prints --- i know the xray camera shots only appeal to camera people...<br>

BUT.... there are other things i've been x-raying and i can absolutely sell some of these or my other camera x-ray images to members here</p>

<p>just email me and i'll come up with VERY reasonable prices</p>

<p>leicaphotos@gmail.com</p>

<p>i took my first shots today -- it was a foggy morning --- hope these turn out --- velvia and a hexar</p>