Sharpest MF lenses in different focal length ranges

rupert_griffiths

• 6 months later...
<p>A little late for the OP, I would imagine, but I have in front of me a Fotodiox adaptor for the Mamiya RZ67 lenses to Nikon F mount, complete with tripod mount and (drumroll).... a focusing helicoid. I think it was about $150. That can get you rolling with the now comparatively cheap but great Apo 210, 250 and 350, amongst others like the 50, 65, 110, 140 (latest versions). I have never tested them against anything else though, such as the Zeiss 180, 250sa etc, but with the range of adaptors available today, you can do so to your heart's content. </p>

• 1 year later...

<p>Oh, here I go again...seems like I've nothing better to do than to keep this thread from going down...</p>

<p>@ Rob F:<br>

"Just as a point of interest, IMAX uses Hasselblad Zeiss lenses on the IMAX cameras. The glass is re-mounted in barrels designed for the IMAX camera; the optical formula is unchanged."</p>

<p>...and those same optical formulae appear again, in the Zeiss ZH 40, 120 and 180mm lenses for Sinar M (excepting a brand new 80mm/2.8), complete with auto focus and electronic aperture selected on the body and using the M shutter for speeds. Costing an arm and a leg at the time, improvements, no doubt trickled down from their true megadolla cinema lens technology, were made to the housings to further increase contrast by controlling internal reflections.<br>

(this information directly from Zeiss)<br>

Martin</p>

<p>Oh, here I go again...seems like I've nothing better to do than to keep this thread from going down...</p>

<p>@ Rob F:<br>

"Just as a point of interest, IMAX uses Hasselblad Zeiss lenses on the IMAX cameras. The glass is re-mounted in barrels designed for the IMAX camera; the optical formula is unchanged."</p>

<p>...and those same optical formulae appear again, in the Zeiss ZH 40, 120 and 180mm lenses for Sinar M (excepting a brand new 80mm/2.8), complete with auto focus and electronic aperture selected on the body and using the M shutter for speeds. Costing an arm and a leg at the time, improvements, no doubt trickled down from their true megadolla cinema lens technology, were made to the housings to further increase contrast by controlling internal reflections.<br>

(this information directly from Zeiss)<br>

Martin</p>