Canon Thursday Photo 2013: #5

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important</em></strong><em>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only 3 images each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone's new year is going well and all those resolutions about taking more photos haven't been broken yet. I would love to shoot more, but school is top priority right now and I plan on going nuts (with photos) this summer once I graduate. However, I did manage to get a shot of a red-bellied woodpecker on a walk through the woods the other day. Let's see those photos!</p><div>00bIeT-517155584.jpg.fcb40fbf8564c1db9a840152bc4800c7.jpg</div>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Something of a departure for me, I tried out some wire wool photography. <br /> This is done by igniting some fine grade steel wool in a kitchen whisk and waving it around on the end of a piece of bungee.<br /> Ideally it needs a second person to trigger the camera, as igniting the wire wool and triggering the remote is a bit tricky.<br>

5D2+17-40, iso-200, f8, 17 mm, 25 sec<br>

<a title="Wire Wool by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Wire Wool src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8470/8416769015_f6957c5793_c.jpg" alt="Wire Wool" width="800" height="533" /></a></p>

<p>Preparing for the party. If you get this, i'll probably see you in Oudewater(NL) in july.<br />as always with experiments, we're professionals, don't try this at home.<br />(try it at someelses home)<br>

5d2, 100 2.8Lis macro, on top of the stove..</p><div>00bIfS-517175584.jpg.de92b21e3bd11ff6fd7966be06e6ccf3.jpg</div>

<p>Great start for this Thursday. The live oak trees and palm trees growing in Savannah, Ga along River Street and just above the river walk presented an opportunity for me a couple weeks ago. The sunlight filtering through the trees, and hanging moss caught my attention. The steep stone staircase in the foreground was also interesting.</p>