<p>Hello! I primarily use Lightroom. I am trying to get a feel on how other photographers save their images once they have completed their edits. I have been exporting to a file with the particular shoot name so that is easy to find. However, Lightroom is also saving my images in a "public" folder, so I am taking up double the memory on my computer. Why does Lightroom automatically save to another folder, and how do I make some room? I just backed-up the newly found folder to my external drive. Other than that, I feel like I missed something crucial along the way. Any tips?? Thanks!</p>

<p> There's no reason to export with a shoot name. Put the photos into a Lightroom Collection and you can always find them. Also, no need to export unless you are going to do something with them other than keep them around.<br>

<br />As to the double saving, it sounds like you may be doing that on import. Check how you import them.</p>

If you are exporting check to see that you are not telling the program to add the exported JPEG, PSD or TIFF files to your

catalog.

Otherwise as the previous poster commented unless you have need to produce a TIFF, PSD or JPEG there is no reason

to export when you think you have finished doing your raw processing. Keep in mind that your raw processing skills and

understanding of how improve your processing results will improve over time.