What Has Happened to Thomas Distributing

john_baum1

<p>I know that Thomas Distributing was a small storefront in rural Illinois, but their prices and service (and support information) for small batteries was outstanding. There are recommendations in individual forum entries as recent as last month.<br>

<br />I just tried to open their site:</p>

<p>www.thomasdistributing.com</p>

<p>and got a weird storefront called "Sample Store" selling buttons and hats.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what happened to these good people?</p>

<p><br />Thanks,</p>

<p>baumgrenze</p>

<p>Looks like up-and-down. Here's what I see at 7:45 PM PST. The upper shows their URL but the lower, opened by the contact-us button on the red banner opens a 3rdcart.com window that is 'untrusted.' I will keep trying and perhaps call tomorrow morning during CST business hours.<br>

Earlier today I concluded that single use alkaline drycells are just too untrustworthy for continued use in anything save perhaps disposable applications. The display on an remote thermometer unit was a bit faint, but still reading. I opened it to discover 2 leaking DuraCell AAA batteries, still reading 1.1V but threatening the device. It is time to switch over to low self-discharge NiMH batteries. They also make more economic/ecological sense.<br>

baumgrenze</p><div>00bMv1-520759584.jpg.c9a8be1f4c1a39b1a05e9acea1045f4e.jpg</div>

<p>John et al,<br>

Please be assured that Thomas Distributing is in business, up and running and ready to take your order.<br>

We are very sorry that there was a temporary problem with the site. We are undergoing a server migration and changes were made to the A records for the site at the wrong time causing the temporary loss of our site. We have been assured that the rest of the migration will proceed without further problems and will be completed by 6:00 am central time tomorrow. In the meantime, the error has been corrected, and our site is up and running as it should. As always, we also have live help to answer questions and take orders from 8-3:00 central time at our toll-free number 800-821-2769.<br>

Thank you for your kind words and your interest -<br>

Tammie Shull<br>

Thomas Distributing</p>

<p> </p>