Filters for hasselblad 500c/m

ian_humphrey

<p>I have purchased the following filters on e-bay for my camera and am not sure what they do.<br>

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.<br>

1 hass/bay cu+3d planoptic<br>

2 hasselblad/50 3x g -1.5<br>

3 hasselblad/50 1,5x y -0,5<br>

4 hasselblad50 2x pola -1<br>

5 b57 carl zeiss proxar f=2m<br>

6 b57 carl zeiss proxar f=1m<br>

If you could say individually what they are for it would be a great help to me.<br>

Many thanks<br>

Ian</p>

<i>"1 hass/bay cu+3d planoptic"</i><br>

"bay cu" doesn't make sense. Could it be bay 50?<br>It probably is a close-up lens, that when put on a lens shortens the focal lenght of the combination, thus allowing closer focus with the same amount of extension.<br>The "+3d" indicates the power of the lens, which is 3 dioptres. When the lens you put it on is set to infinity, the combination is focused on 1/3 = .33 m away. Using the focusing mount of the prime lens, you can focus closer, but not further away. No exposure comensation required, unless lots of extension is used also.<br><br><i>"2 hasselblad/50 3x g -1.5"</i><br>Green filter, bayonet 50 mount, lightens green while darkening blues in B&W photography. requires a 1.5 stop exposure compensation.<br><br><i>"3 hasselblad/50 1,5x y -0,5"</i><br>Yellow filter, bayonet 50 mount, will darken blues, lighten yellows in B&W photography. Requires a 0.5 stop exposure compensation.<br><br><i>"4 hasselblad50 2x pola -1"</i><br>Polarizer, bayonet 50 mount. Blocks light polarized, helps remove reflections (and by doing so also increase colour saturation) and darken blue skies. effect depends a lot on the amount of polarized light present and the angle of the filter.<br>Requires a 1 stop exposure compensation, no matter how much polarized light is present or how the filter is oriented.<br>The Hasselblad polarizers are linear polarizers.<br><br><i>"5 b57 carl zeiss proxar f=2m"</i><br>Also a close-up lens, power 2 diopters, so on a lens set to infinity the far focus limit is 1/2 = 0.5 m. You can focus closer. No exposure comensation required, unless lots of extension is used also.<br>"b57" is the Zeiss designation for Hasselblad's bay 50.<br><br><i>"6 b57 carl zeiss proxar f=1m"</i><br>Same as above, but 1 diopter power, i.e. 1/1 = 1 m maximum focussing distance with prime lens set to infinity.

• 3 weeks later...