Nex7 inferior auto focus in low light.

<p>I am glad that Panasonic have the sense to not make a old fashioned DSLR, a make-over from the 1950's, but concentrate of 'the' digital camera, bridge and M4/3. I have older cameras which are not good with their CD AF in low light but I know with my Panasonic G3 and 14-140 lens I had a very hard job, despite the G's very small focusing area to stop it snapping into focus the way it does in bright light when working is poor light, night time street scene at 11pm. Street lights on just one side of the road and focusing on dark foliage on the opposite side of the road. I could barely see changes in tone but the camera could ..... I was frankly suprised becuase I believed CD could not work well in such situations .. but delighted it worked as normal. In my experience with my gear CD equals PD these days in good or poor light.<br>

I could well, and I know I have, gaps in my knowledge despite having owned or used just about every type of camera made in the past sixty years or so ... I am a user not a technician, though in my early days I was that way inclined. </p>