Trendy

<p>Very Very rarely get any notice here in Germany. They're either too polite to talk to strangers or their plumb not interested. Some folks I know ( who will talk to me ) say stuff like; yeah my mother had one lke that etc . But Tony ,, if you want to see "trendy" then check out the Lubitel lomogrpahers.. there's hip for you!! What JDM said.. all stuff come back in fashion </p>

<p>Who is Vivian Maier and what makes anyone think one person can launch "trendy" in our scattered media world? There are plenty of people out there who know old cameras. I bet more people have seen "Funny Face" with Astaire and that skinny chick than your Maier person. Check the cameras in that flick.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"What in her work is worthy of the label "hipster,"..."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>If I have to explain it...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"..."hipster," which most regard as a pejorative?"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>"Citing the NYT on hipsters <a href="http://files.sharenator.com/memes_hipster_kitty_point_counterpoint-s400x393-186291.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">without any sense of irony</a>. Slow clap."</p>

<p>Where does the life of Maier intersect with vapid hipsterism/consumerism, Lex? Lost us all there. Like no one used a Rollei TLR pre/post-Maier?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think I understand where Les is coming from in this. Vivian Maier just happened to be using a Rollie and didn't consciously start anythng. How could she, she wasn't even published during her lifetime . It was the discovery of her work and flood of publicity following that mentioned what must have been an obscure piece of equipment to the trend seekers and hipsters, so called. Of course some of them had to jump on the bandwagon and be the first on their block to have a TLR. Suddenly the TLR was trendy. The same thing would have happened if she had used a Minox.</p>