I would like to identify similar cameras

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I would like to get some suggestion of cameras that are similar to this one:<br>

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5062/sanstitre7act.jpg<br>

Yes, it is from a miniature model. Basically, the camera is used by a certain character from a video games series. It is impossible to find the precise model because it is a fictional camera, but I am sure there are some rangefinder cameras that are very, very similar to it.<br>

It is probably from Japan, because the character never left her country and she cannot buy from outside Japan.</p>

<p>I made a basic (and very crude) template too:<br>

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9449/sanstitre8wx.jpg</p>

<p>I searched for 35mm cameras over the Internet, and I found this:<br>

Some cameras of the Olympus 35 series looks very similar to the fictional camera.<br>

The Pentax and Canon have pyramidal shape on the top, which is not what I am looking for.</p>

<p>Any suggestion of not too expensive cameras that can be found used would be appreciated, because it is for an photography project at college.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot</p>

<p><em>Any suggestion of not too expensive cameras that can be found used would be appreciated</em><br>

<br>

Leica's are very expensive, even broken M3s sell for hundreds. I think for your purposes there are other cameras that would be close enough. What you want is a <strong>rangefinder</strong> camera, an SLR camera has the "pryamidal" shape on top (the pentaprism).<br>

<br>

Go on ebay and search for "rangefinder camera".</p>

<p>I agree with all, the camera does indeed look like a stylized Leica M, and Leica Ms are certainly not cheap. You might try looking up the Zorki 4 on eBay or any other site. Just try the word ZORKI, because there are several models, and I believe you will see one that comes close.<br>

They are usually pretty inexpensive. Especially when compared to the Leica M series.</p>

<p>It seems quite evident that the camera represented whith the action figure is a Leica M3 (or M2). That said, the Yashica YF presented by David is a very close match too, thanks for introducing that camera to us (or to me, at least). </p>