Vintage graffiti

knut_schwinzer

<p>I reckon the big cities called with more possibilities. The Spanish soil and aridness made for a frugal living back then when a donkey chart was a big possession. In the Pyrenees there are hundreds of ghost villages.</p>

<p>OTOH, husbands and wifes get abandoned, as do cars and ships and dogs; principles and beliefs, too. Why villages should be an exception?</p><div>00b4b5-506241684.jpg.3a84336e768749d90e1ddd71384e068b.jpg</div>

<p>Knut, your fine photos could make part of an interesting series and book and the sepia monochrome is well suited. I love those old axe cut beams and fieldstone materials. Some of the villages may be too remote for redevelopment (and this one looks a bit too far gone to restore economically), but the call of the south for many European northerners is potent and perhaps one small aspect of a renewal of the Spanish economy might be for younger tradespersons to train in traditional construction techniques and to work with groups of foreigners in restoring some of the not too remote villages (i.e., near transportation arteries) for returning Spaniards or new residents interested in integrating into Spain? I think if I lived there I might be tempted to pursue your interesting subject matter (the buildings or their details are probably wonderful subjects in early morning or late afternoon - but watch out for loose stones, etc.) for its visual interest but perhaps also try to identify some rebuilding opportunities. I understand that the SA 21mm has always been a very sought after optic, noted especially for its central field sharpness, although we rarely see it where I live.</p>