William Klein documentary on BBC 1 UK

starvy

<p>Yes Rob, that is my thought as well. I find the Cartier-Bresson style a little easier. However, I think a lot of street photography is about feeling the vibes, being part of those vibes and mingling in to such an extent that the subject does not find you obtrusive any more. I have never been able to achieve this myself.</p>

<p>I would love to see this. William Klein is one of my favorite photographers. I found the listing on BBC 1 website but of course there is nothing available. I wonder if his Tate exhibition will make it to Chicago's Art Institute? Well, thanks for sharing, Starvy. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if this becomes available online, or if it shows up on our cable BBC channel. </p>

Totally agree Starvy about being part of the street scene to be able to capture it almost from within, and you can see that

even at his age his eyes lit up when talking to people, he has time to hear their story, share time with them, the

photography almost seems incidental. A great talent.

<p>Rob, I particularly enjoyed the barber shop scenes. There is so much genuine interaction and playfulness even at this late juncture in his life that one wonders how much of a lifeforce he was thirty or forty years ago, and where that energy carried him.</p>

<blockquote>

<p ><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=113411">Bernard Miller</a> , Nov 21, 2012; 02:40 p.m.</p>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p>Well, if you *really* want to see it, there are some ways it can be done--I'd suggest TunnelBear, if you're in the US and want to watch BBC programs. I used it to watch the Olympics live last summer, and avoid NBC's execrable and jingoistic coverage.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Bernard -- Thank you!!! I had not heard of TunnelBear before. I got it and I am now in the process of watching this video. I wanted to see this so badly and now I am able to. </p>

<p>As for NBCs coverage of the Olympics -- agreed, I found it disgusting, spoonfed, and, yes, USA-centric to the point of embarassment. Also highly insulting to American viewers, at least those whose world view is a little wider than network execs seem to think. </p>

<p>Now...back to watching William Klein!</p>