Nikon Wednesday 2013: #1

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and<em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so share, or share+share, or share+share+share!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy New Year, Nikonistas! Hard to believe we've rolled the calendar over again. I'm thinking of resetting the numbering in my camera bodies just so I can start shooting at DSC_0001.NEF again, for that extra-fresh feeling. <br>

<br />We passed midnight with a split of bubbly, and a small plate of nibbly stuff that never even made it off the kitchen counter. We're taking our new year's advice from the dog, who tells us: Keep your eye on the cheese. Looking forward to everyone's work this year, so let's get started. Share a photo!</p><div>00bBo9-511463584.jpg.3252a6f4339032e6fd155d5995dd3510.jpg</div>

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Happy New Year, everybody!<br>

I celebrated watching elephant seals near San Simeon, CA. I am not exactly certain about the social dynamics of these animals, but it sure looks like a mother with a baby (pup?), not very happy about an adult male getting too close.</p><div>00bBoD-511465584.jpg.b45600cf2bfc342907b60fea46e6402c.jpg</div>

<p>Happy New Year and hopefully a healthy and prosperous one. Some great shots already this AM.<br>

Our blue birds are sticking around even with all the snow and cold temps. Here is a female sitting atop the bluebird feeder. The feeder is chuck full of dried meal worms which of course they love. </p><div>00bBpv-511493584.jpg.75174870d428b74289d75dfe067a2b4e.jpg</div>

<p>Happy New Year everyone! </p>

<p>John, that picture of Harry in the snow is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>Santa brought me Photomatix this year. I haven't had the chance to go out and shoot for HDR yet, but did try tonemapping some of my existing NEFs.</p>

<p>This image is my favorite. I like it, but somehow it doesn't feel right (if that makes any sense at all). Definitely a technique I'll be using sparingly. </p>

<p>Large version is: <a href="../photo/16722352&size=lg">here</a></p><div>00bBqh-511507584.jpg.1a639a6836a2c55c2626749d3ef4c42b.jpg</div>