Nikon Wednesday 2012: #45

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so show 'em if you got 'em!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good Nikon Wednesday to everyone. I suspect that at least a few people were already up going over election results - hope all the US Nikonistas had a smooth visit to the polls.<br /><br />I didn't shoot anything election-related, but instead finally captured evidence of exactly which varmit had been going after our festive pumpkins from Halloween. Caught him red handed (or, pawed, I suppose). Used your Nikon geat to catch a holiday crime in progress? Share a photo!</p><div>00b0JM-502847584.jpg.18379dbc80d1e4b543e5db9ea445d679.jpg</div>

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>And since we're still operating on the optional 3-uploads rule, I'll include something more my usual speed - a bird dog! In this case, a 7-month-old English Pointer - and a relatively rare solid-black one, too. Had to throw a lens cap to get her attention focused.</p><div>00b0JP-502847884.jpg.7f1c8c9e3d029fe78e7505bfe93320c2.jpg</div>

<p>The Great Pumpkin showed up a few days early, and left me a D600 and 24-70/2.8 lens. Made me very happy!</p>

<p>Fortunately, the camera arrived before the emergence of a nice crop of Monarch butterflies in my garden. This is the last one to emerge, taken just a few minutes after he slipped out of the chrysalis.</p><div>00b0JZ-502853584.jpg.91acbb7bf2adfe4ea09efb3b44b728e6.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings from the depths of northern Ontario.<br>

I spent 2 days in Toronto at the Royal Winter Fair, which is on from Nov 2 to Nov 11. I decided to test my skill by only using a D80 and 35 f/1.8 lens. The D80 gets real noisy above ISO 400, so I was shooting wide open most of the time. I got about 250 good shots though. It is an environment rich in colour and interesting material.<br>

Preparing cattle for show is a very elaborate process. It paid off for tis chap.</p><div>00b0L5-502893584.jpg.94b8f30bf3cf3a92be21b1743f48bcb0.jpg</div>