Sell my 7D to fund a 5D Mark III or keep it and buy a 6D?

michael_h4

<p>If those four lenses you mentioned are the answer to my question, then that lens kit would be quite a nice base to consider adding a 6D or 5DMkIII, as a partner to your 7D.<br>

I can envisage a lot of natural pairs for travelling around with two bodies.<br>

For example: the 17 to 40/4 and 100/2.8; the 50/1.4 and 100/2.8 and the 17 to 40/4 and 50/1.4.<br>

Personally I would also like to add something wide and fast – and I have a passion for the 24/1.4 – but that’s just me.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Most of the replies to your query only discuss what you might do with either just the 5DIII or with a 5DII and 7D. I think a major advantage of having two bodies is insurance: when we were last in Europe we had a camera stolen. Fortunately, we had two, and as I always back up every night we only lost that day's images as well as the camera itself.</p>

<p>If you're taking wildlife photos you're presumably going of the beaten track from time to time. You'll never drop a camera? You'll never have one which stops working for one reason or another?</p>

<p>If this was my choice, I'd keep the 7D and save a little longer and supplement it with the 5DIII - the best of both worlds :-)</p>