new V750 dust and fog under glass

<p>Hello, I have ran just into the same problems as in this tread on<br>

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7050<br>

<br />My brand new V750 Pro has dust and fog under glass, and the problem is that optics, prisms, mirrors can't be cleaned without voiding warranty or I doubt that they are cleanable at all, because they are not serviceable I was told by EPSON, they simply replace them.<br>

So it means even if I send my scanner for service it will fog again in 3-4 months of use and I have to keep sending it in for repair numeroud times until my warranty runs out ! That is not acceptable for any quality level certainly not for a professional scanner.<br>

The hardware specs seem fine, but the scanners are assembled in a basement somewhere in china, I can't imagine why it should be otherwise if filtering visible dust is as easy as getting air purifyer even if you assemble them in a basement.</p>

<p>I called the store so they would check other v750 scanners, all of them had same problems, but they noticed them when I told them how to look for them, the coated glass of v750 is very light absorbing and unless you shine a strong light at an angle you will not notice the fog.<br>

<br />I should point out that it's impossible to not notice when you scan film because but if you did not know that the fog is the curlpit you would hard pressed with film holders adjusting etc, when infact the problem is the dirty glass and other optical components that make the heart of the device.</p>