Strap for Hasselblad 500c/m

laurence_rochfort

<p>Hello.<br>

I have the original Hassy 500c/m strap and as far as I can tell it's made from Teflon coated cheese wire!</p>

<p>I'm going on holiday to New York in December and would appreciate suggestions for a reasonably wide shoulder strap for the camera. I'd like the strap to fit the camera out of the box, without having to cannabalise the old strap for the connectors if possible.</p>

<p>Also, any ideas on how to stop the camera swinging around would be great.</p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

You may want to look at the Optech

harness. It's inexpensive and mine

seems quite tough. It spreads the load

over both shoulders and the camera

can't swing the way it may on a strap.

Be warned, though . The Optech system

can be quite addictive!

<p>I have a single strap Op-Tech with Hasselblad clips, which is quite comfortable. The strap can be shortened to hand-loop length and doesn't intefere with use on a tripod. The harness sounds like a good idea.</p>

<p>I also have several Hasselblad straps in various widths and lengths (up to 2" wide), which I purchased from <a href="http://www.KEH.com">www.KEH.com</a>.</p>

<p>If you weren't using a tripod, then a swivel strap like the Black Rapid or Sun Strap (preferred) would make a good way to carry it. These straps go cross shoulder, with a swivel. The camera hangs low by your hip, and doesn't swing much, even with a heavy lens. I carry a Nikon D3 with a 70-200VR this way. Since it attaches to the tripod socket, it would work just as well with a Hasselblad.</p>