Mamiya RB "new" lens

rob_caswell1

<p>After a recent ill fated attempt to get a 180mm C lens for my RB-67 Pro-S, I wouldn't mind paying up to get a problem free lens for my RB-67 Pro S. There are some auctions on ebay describing the 127mm and 180mm RB-KL lens as being new... My question is what to be wary of in regards to these "new" lens? Are they still making the lens? How long has the lens sat on the shelf?? I'm leaning towards a 180mm...</p>

<p>'New Old Stock' or NOS lenses available today for the RB, were probably last made sometime before the millennium.<br /> NOS lenses can be a great find...if the price is right. Some buyers have experienced problems with fungus developing<br /> in a few NOS lenses, but otherwise, you should be Ok...again, if the price is right.<br /> I wouldn't let the price exceed very far above $200USD, w/shipping, for either lens mentioned. <br>

Around $150USD would be better!</p>

<p>There were reports of fungus issues on NOS Mamiya RB lenses sold out of Hong Kong a few years ago. One high volume HK dealer no longer on eBay got nailed for this. He also did business out of California and I got a number of Mamiya items from him that were fine; the HK sourced items were problem. There are a few Japanese dealers with a similar line of NOS Mamiya items. I've bought other NOS Mamiya lenses from US sellers that were pristine.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Rob,<br /> I'm not promoting the camera company in the links, but I have purchased from him in the recent past. <br /> No issues...No problems. His shipments arrive in the USA (west coast), from Japan in about 6-8 days.<br /> You might try contacting him regarding combined shipping costs on a couple lenses.</p>

<p>Marc</p>

<p>127mm:<br /> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Mamiya-KL-127mm-f-3-5-127-mm-f3-5-L-Lens-RB-67-RB67-/230890958703?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item35c22c6f6f<br /> 180mm:<br /> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Mamiya-KL-180mm-180-mm-f-4-5-f4-5-L-A-Lens-for-RB-/221141400753?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item337d0dfcb1</p>

<p>Yes, I've returned about 8 or 9 New Old Stock Mamiya RB/RZ for either early fungus or early lens cement separation that were purchased from four different sources in USA and Asia.</p>

<p>When these Mamiya RZ RB lenses were originally manufactured, Mamiya could not have imagined that the these lenses would sit in dark boxes - without airflow and sometimes in humid climates for 10, 15 years.</p>

<p>On positive side, I have also had many clean lenses from same sources. I try to specifically avoid Hong Kong, if possible, though.</p>

<p>All my sources have been great honoring returns.</p>

<p>Check your new New Old Stock Mamiya lens - that is if you can still find any.</p>

<p>I bought a full RB kit NOS in Tokyo not too long ago. I got the KL127 and 90 lenses with it. The whole thing cost me about $450. I ended up selling it last summer along with several other lenses and accessories for it that I had accumulated. But i wouldn't be surprised if that store still had some of the NOS stock left. It is Sanpoh Camera in Meguro, Tokyo.</p>