Dumping the DSLR?

<p>I've recently adopted a Panasonic GX1. Up to size 13X19" prints, the quality is the equal of my Nikon D300s. The camera and the glass is really surprisingly good, with some pro level glass announced and on the horizon. I recently took a shot of a newspaper taped to a wall with the Nikon plus 105 Nikkor lens, and the GX1 with the 14-45 lens, both mounted on a tripod. On the computer monitor, at 300% enlargement, the shots were indistinguishable. I haven't dumped my Nikon gear but hiking around with the m43 stuff sure is a pleasure!</p>

<p>I'm a Leica B&W film user and was a Fuji S5 DSLR owner. The Fuji S5 is basically a Nikon D200 with a Fuji sensor that has film-like dynamic range and rendering. I finally got fed up with the size and weight of the S5 with a Nikon 17-55/2.8 lens even though the results were great. A couple months ago I bought a Sony NEX-7 and use my Leica M lenses on it. So far it's really working well for me and I'm hoping Sony will release a FF NEX in the next couple of years. Although the pictures were wonderful from my S5 I don't miss it as I can take the NEX everywhere.</p>