Polaroid 600 film changing

Hi, I will shortly be using Polaroid 600 film and I was wondering if it is

possible to take the cartridge out of the camera half way through the pack

without ruining the remaining exposures. Does the film pack itself have a

darkslide type thing on it? I have never used 600 before and so I would like

some advice before I go and waste a pack of film. That stuff is expensive!

Thanks!

Hi Chuk,

I too once thought of inserting the black sheet that originally protected the pack, but could not find a way to do so while the pack was in the camera.

And when you remove the pack, you will definitely ruin its top frame (unless you remove it in complete darkness). With care, it is possible to reinsert the original black sheet, but this is very hard to pull off in the dark. And if you remove the pack in full light, the top frame will be ruined and may be considered to be your darkslide.

So the only way I see of avoiding waste, is to remove the pack in complete darkness, and immediately reinsert the black sheet that was originally expelled from the pack. But this will take practice in the dark! (Unless you get that sheet back in, the top image will be ejected and lost anyway, when you reinsert the pack.)

Sincerely,

Dave

Thanks!

Looks like I'll just need to sacrifice the top sheet then. The reason I asked is that I am going to be modifying the camera and I didn't want to do it with the battery installed in case I short something. Obviously I need to test the modification (its a bit trial and error) so I will keep needing to install and uninstall the battery.