Capture NX2

swede71114

<p>I can’t get any images to appear from the folder palette. I drag a file up to my favourites, when I click on it, nothing happens, says there is no images there. I tried again with a differet file, same thing.<br>

What am I doing wrong or not doing.<br>

I have had NX2 for a couple years now just never got into it this much. More I learn the more I like it!!<br>

Anybody got any suggestions.<br>

Swede</p>

<p>OK lets just start by saying that Capture NX2 doesn't need any help to load or convert a Nikon NEF RAW file. End of story. I've been editing NEF files for years in NX & NX2 & have never & I'll stress that never used ViewNX2 for anything. I simply open my RAW files directly in NX2.<br>

<br />But Garth - lets start here - - <br>

are you on a PC or MAC?<br>

Also - since I'm also a Swede I can probably talk you through this in Swedish if you'll forgive my horrid spelling in Swedish. I'm dyslectic & actually have an easier time spelling in English than Swedish these days. <br>

I'll be glad to teach you my system which is rather simple & maybe you'll get into NX2 which is a wonderful software.</p>

<p>Lil - displaced Stockholmare </p>

<p>Garth, is the problem only with images you dragged to the favourites panel? If you open the folder containing your images directly, does it work?<br>

And be sure to try to delete the cache from the CNX2 settings, it often resolves strange issues like this one.<br>

____<br>

Andy, if you select a NEF file in ViewNX, and click the CaptureNX button, it will open the NEF file directly in CNX2 - no conversion happens in between.</p>

As a demo, I attached D800 with 18 RAW images to Asus G75, opened demo CNX2 & opened Nikon Transfer 2 selecting

Options Source Primary Destination Backup & Preferences. Selected Alk Images & D800 ST Import with 0 results as I

expected because queyre = 0. Clicked off this screen & selected D800 minimized at botton of screen where upon Control

Panel. .. D800 displayed with Import Pictures & Video which I selected & images imported. I then selected an image &

clicked CNX Open & tge image displayed ready for editing as a NEF 70.7 MB file.

Since I'm new to CNX2, I takse it that my configuration works as described' you may have/know of ither approaches.

<p>Garth</p>

<p>As far as I am aware you can't store files in the favourites section on the folder bar; you can only save <strong>folders.</strong><br /> <br /> Try dragging a <strong>folder</strong> into the favourites space instead. It should stick (in the form of a short-cut). When you click on it, it will behave like a web link and take your browser pane straight to the folder in question.</p>

<p>Chris</p>

<p>If you want to learn how to get the most out of Capture NX2 I'd recommend buying Mike Hagen's book: "Nikon Capture NX2 After the Shoot" which is excellent.</p>

<p>I love NX2 and rarely use any other software. It's a very powerful programme and I much prefer the interface to PS.</p>

<p>Chris</p>

• 2 weeks later...