SERIOUSLY?!

israel

<p>Yeah, it's time to replace my G9 and I was considering Sony and generated a fun comparison. As we know, big sensor means top performance, right?<br /><br /><br /><br>

Not that all things are equal - R1 has a better focal range; but the RX100 has a faster lens at 28mm.</p>

<div>00angr-495603584.jpg.8283995b18f09c25f90b52a1f7e112bb.jpg</div>

<p>Obviously this should have been explained better. Bruce, I would say that you seem to be rather well-versed in the specs of two certain cameras to be able to make that comment. <br /><br />So, buy the newer one, or buy a Canon S100. It has the same focal length of the R1 and a faster aperture, and a lot more besides. There, it's settled now. </p>

<p>Yes seriously.<br>

What is the point you try to make? The site does what it is supposed to do: show differences. In general, larger sensors are an advantage (think also DoF control, a f/1.8 lens on a small sensor still gives a lot of DoF), and this site mentions that. Yes, it could mention better that you are comparing a current model versus a 6 or 7 year old model, but you choose the two to compare - so we can't really blame a website for making a crap comparison? </p>

<p>That looks like one of those sites that just aggregate specs and sometimes crib other sites' test results, and add ads and sponsored links. The information on the cameras isn't actively maintained and they don't really put any work into these things. Seeing some search reult on one that doesn't make sense to you isn't noteworthy.</p>