Leitz Leica extension tube set

federico_prieto

<p>Hello: A friend gave me an old leica extension tube set of diferents sizes with screw mounts.... 30mm, 45mm, 60mm, 90mm and a very short without number (maybe 15mm). All are black enamel (or some like that) and has the following info or logo (E. Leitz New York, Made in USA). Here is a pic I found in internet with the 45mm tube (exactly like mine)<br />Any idea about this tubes? How to use that? I have two leica cameras: M4 and M8 and some lenses (screw and M mount) and a Sony Nex7...soon I will have a leica mount for this camera......so, any tips and info about are welcome.....<br />tia</p><div>00arFM-497637684.jpg.3001095d75c9cec12b4f22a30b713fae.jpg</div>

<p>With a screwmount extension tube, usually you used a special stand designed for the tube and a particular lens which automatically got you the right distance. Then you has to hand measure. Not worth it unless you are psychotically dedicated. Another option is a visoflex maybe for extreme closeups. Another option is a Sony NEX camera with a screwmount adapter or a leica M adapter. THAT would actually be useful.</p>

<p>These things were necessary evils when there were no SLRs.</p>

<p>hehehehehehe....OK I see....may be I will be psychotically dedicated but only with the Nex 7.... In some weeks I will play with this old tubes.... I will post the results here.</p>

<p>By the way, my friend gave me too a pair of lenses: a Summitar 5cm f/2 from 1939 and a Summaron 3,5 f/3,5 from 1949. Both are like new...no fungus, scratches or dusts... The lens from 1939 is in oustanding condition...May be never was used (10++) the Summaron is 9,80+---- I am glad....hehehehehhehehe</p>

<p>By the way 2 Nice pic David (Sweetwater Creek State Park Dock)</p>

<h1> </h1>

<p>Hmmmm....Greg.... This is iteresting...Very interesting!<br>

Can you tell more about? In this case what tube did you use? 30mm, 45mm 90mm? What lens? Simply you attach the tube and lens, give a look to the LCD screen, make the best focus possible and shot? Do you have more examples to show? <br>

This is a good place for to show your experience about. In any case if you want to mail me, and send me hi res pics, this is my add <a href="mailto:federico.prieto@gmail.com">federico.prieto@gmail.com</a> I want to learn some about... And yes, you can send me all you want.<br>

Regards<br>

Federico</p>