F100 AF Selector Problem

wogears

<p>Hello all:</p>

<p>I have a problem with the AF-point selector switch (joystick) on my F100. AFAICT, the right-arrow button doesn't function. I can navigate to the left, center, top and bottom AF points, but not the right-hand one. Further, if I am using the left-hand point, I cannot move directly to the center point by pushing the right arrow on the selector. I can get to the center from the left by pushing the up arrow and then the down arrow. This sounds like a problem in the selector switch itself? Or am I missing a menu item I should have chosen? (Two button reset doesn't fix the problem.)</p>

<p>Any good ideas? Links to repair manuals? Or should I just buy a new back for the camera?</p>

<p>TIA<br>

Les</p>

<p>For what it's worth, about 4 years ago I bought a used F100 for cheap. After about a year, the joystick fell apart. The little plastic backing post wouldn't stay fastened anymore to the base (part of the film back). Prior to that it was acting balky in the same manner as yours.<br>

I attempted repair with glue and even restaking things with a tiny soldering iron, but there simply wasn't enough plastic volume to 're-rivet' the part.<br>

Eventually I bought a 'new old stock' F100 door on Ebay, problem solved.<br>

$35 I think was the price.</p>

<p>Jim M.</p>